FanDuel were looking to improve the SEO performance of their site in the run up their major acquisition period during the NFL season.
By making foundational changes to the site the average position in search results improved from 11 to 7.7, which brought a corresponding improvement in click through rate from 20% to 33%.
Targeted changes to key landing pages lead to an increase in the proportion of organic search traffic to those pages from 12% to 19%.
On the homepage an improvement in the perceived performance of 25% lead to an increase of 87% in the conversion rate of users going on to start the the sign-up process.
Sky wanted to ensure their new call centre application, built using web technologies, met their accessibility standards.
I conducted a review of the application and consulted with people throughout the team in order to produce an accessibility strategy.
Using this they were able guide and inform the delivery and meet their commitment to being an equal opportunities employer.
When developing a new brand the head of web commissioned me to write a set of standards that covered accessibility, performance, security, testing and technical delivery. These allowed them to deliver their online content to a consistent and high standard.
As technical lead on the responsive relaunch of TSB's consumer facing website I put in place a front end build system using a static site generator that allowed a team of developers to take monolithic full page designs and work in parallel on individual, modular, dynamic and responsive components. This approach enabled the release of a subsection of the site after three weeks and the modular build to be used as a living specification for the subsequent CMS build which was able to re-use significant amounts of code.
Channel 4's Embarrassing Bodies were updating their STI risk checker and wanted a web application that ran on a range of devices, including games consoles and low end mobiles which are popular means of accessing the web amongst the target demographic.
I built a site that featured completely client side logic to preserve anonymity and a location aware clinic finder service using data from OpenStreetMaps and NHS.
The site received 30,000 visits in the first week of release with 70% completing the survey.
I lead the technical delivery of the responsive redesign of the consumer website. This entailed working with internal and external technical teams; writing specifications, style guides and technical documentation; and taking the functional prototype I developed through the Bank's internal quality gates and into the production CMS. Following successful technical stand-up the responsive solution was rolled out in a phased approach to minimise customer impact.
The project delivered on time and under budget, and saw a 6% increase in mobile traffic to the site over and above the underlying increase.
Methodologies and standards developed and documented during this project were used as the foundation for the continued responsive redevelopment of all aspects of Tesco Bank's web presence.