Some items I've found interesting recently.
- Motomo - the FOSS self hosted analytics I use - have updated their, already good, privacy tools. The option to anonymise historical data is a particularity good idea as historical data is typically most useful for trends rather than user focused insights.
- Google is tightening up certification for running their apps on Android devices. For most people this should be an advantage by keeping vendors in check but, with limited app access outside the Play Store it raises the walls on the garden a bit higher.
- An informed look at how GDPR could improve AdTech tracking for users.
- New climate science techniques are giving additional insight into historical events
- A thought provoking mediation on the nature of websites. I have websites that fall into all the categories outlined here.